makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Monday, April 25, 2016

Oh dear old blog, I've not had much time for you lately. I've been doing a lot of thinking and soul-searching, a little drawing and painting, and not very much writing at all. The school holidays didn't help and neither did the sinus infection, but here I am. Last term, I had some trouble focusing on editing my novel - I kept picturing it as this big mass of slime that I was desperately try to wrestle into some kind of contained and recognizable form. It seemed an impossible task. When a friend asked if I could help in her ceramics studio, I jumped at the chance. Not only did it sound like a great way to spend a few days, but it meant that I could avoid the gargantuan task of editing my novel. I enjoyed those days SO much, and I'm hoping to have more "making days" to break away from the intensity of staring at words on a screen. I am overflowing with ideas and plans - it is a very nice way to be. Long may it last!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...