Inspired by a feature in Frankie, I compiled this list:
What I did this year...
1. Wrote the first draft of a novel.
2. Went on school camp and had a great time, even with a nasty cold.
3. House-sat and spent 5 days reading and writing and daydreaming.
4. Visited Albany and fell in love with it all over again.
5. Stayed in my dream home in the forest.
6. Became totally addicted to Instagram.
7. Made a lot of hummus and flat-breads.
8. Realised that despite being an urban creature, I really do have a passion for flowers and plants.
9. Grieved the end of the baby years, but was happy about the end of the nappy years.
10. Bought myself a vintage typewriter in duck-egg blue.
11. Discovered a love of sauerkraut.
12. Accepted with sadness the waning of some friendships and the failure to take off of others.
13. Set myself the goal of having my own studio one day, even if it is a caravan in the garden.
14. Made time to draw and paint and play with clay because it make me happy.
15. Was amazed, time-and-time-again, by my kids ability to make sense of complicated issues.
16. Watched a lot of Mad Men episodes.
17. Thought deeply about the meaning of belonging and home.
18. Put my PhD on hold indefinitely.
19. Managed to grow rhubarb for the first time.
20. Watched my daughter fall in love with reading.