makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Sunday, October 18, 2015

We are now entering the crazy season (yes, it does start this early), and I am bracing myself for it. The last quarter of the year is always ridiculous, and I can see that this year will be no exception. But right now, I'm still on a high from a week away, breathing in briny sea air and then swooning under the soft light of the forest. Of course, holidays tend to make you wonder about alternative, better ways of living and to indulge in the fantasy of a move that would mend all that needs mending...I'm under no illusion, but I do want to hold onto the idea that it's okay to stop and jump off the treadmill, if I need too. I've resolved to slow everything down, especially when it comes to the children, and also to declutter on a grand scale. Here we go...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...