makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Saturday, September 5, 2015

This week I:

  • wrote a creative diary for the Womankind 'Creativity' Challenge. It was insightful, especially because I didn't get to do much writing during the five days it covered! 
  • cried and then got angry about the crazy stuff that happens in this cruel world. Decided briefly that I should do something different with my life, like become a human rights lawyer. Then realized, I'd be awful at that and resolved to stick to writing.
  • caught another f**king cold
  • went to the beach with my littlest boy and lay on the sand in the sunshine, even though I was wearing boots and several layers and a scarf. It felt divine.
  • watched a lot of Mad Men, while eating chocolate and drinking tea and trying to keep warm. 
  • got passionate about grammar.
  • read Patti Smith's Just Kids in little delicious bites because I love it and I don't want it to end.
  • made tomato pesto and hummus and pumpkin dal and pizza and chocolate chip cookies and apple cake and banana splits and endless cups of coffee. 
  • felt so happy and so sad.
And now, the kids are back from swimming, so here we go again!



2 comments:

  1. I think by writing about social justice and human rights and educating your children about social issues, you're doing your part. We could all do more, but at least we're doing *something*.

    I attempted to do the womankind challenge but failed miserably.
    nice to see another post from you x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...