- We need to spend more time outside, just letting the kids explore and play in an unstructured way. It makes them so happy and it makes us happy too. Nature is IMPORTANT.
- Everything and everyone should just slow down.
- I want us to live closer to school, so that we can ride or walk there. I don't drive and I don't want to drive, and much as I love our suburb and the people who live here, I'd like to be more central and closer to the beach.
- I want to be fully present for my kids, in the sense of really listening and engaging with them when we're together. I'm a huge daydreamer and I struggle with this, especially when they are all talking to me at once!
- I want to start making ceramics again. Writing makes me buzz and feel so very alive, but making things from clay leaves me calm and satisfied. Both are necessary!
- Less toys, better bookshelves, that is all.
- Getting away is good. We should do it much more often...
Wednesday, June 17, 2015
Oh hey there stranger, I've been a little absent of late. Got sick, went on school camp, stayed somewhere special for the weekend, washed three suitcases of dirty clothes....Phew! It was so good to get away. I totally needed a change of routine and some open space, but most of all I needed the perspective on life that a few days away gives you. I'm trying to hold on to it and make some changes. It is so easy to fall back into old habits and forget those revelations made possible by distance. Here's what I decided...