makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Sunday, October 12, 2014

So, I've been thinking for a while about writing a post on relationships and having children, and how much pressure parenthood puts on couples, but I've been struggling to find a way to write about it. I consider myself an open book about most things but my relationship is just not something I want to share with the blogosphere. And yet, I feel it's a subject that needs to be discussed more: I wonder why we're so reluctant to be honest about the pressures of family life; are we all complicit in presenting a masquerade of perfection? Even amongst friends, I feel like it's a taboo subject that people occasionally allude to, but which they are reluctant to talk about in any depth. Perhaps, we're just wary of expressing things that then cannot be receded. I'm not sure. All, I know is that it's possible to forget to really see each other, when you are consumed by the needs of little ones. That just as it's easy to lose yourself in your children's lives; it's also all too easy to lose each other in the whirl of our somewhat chaotic, time-poor existence. I think we have to remind ourselves, over and over, to really look and listen, to be truly present. And above all else, to be kind to each other.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...