makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Last week, I had one of those days of reckoning, when you realise that your cunning plans aren't that cunning. In short, it became apparent that I can't actually afford to pay for my 2 year old to attend childcare for one day a week. After working through quite a bit of guilt, I'd reached the point where I'd decided that this was the best option to enable me to have a decent chunk of writing time (I'm starting my PhD very soon!!!!!). But alas, it is not to be. So after a little sob (sorry Centrelink lady but I was at the end of 7 days of solo parenting...), I reassembled myself and decided to figure out how to write a novel and a thesis, while being a mum to 3 small children and wife to a workaholic. It's a plan-in-progress but I have a few ideas and some leads... I just really wish that libraries had creches. Why don't they?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...