makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Sunday, July 6, 2014

I just haven't felt much like blogging lately. I keep coming up with things to write about but somehow they never seem substantial enough to constitute more than a few scrappy sentences. Also, I've been obsessively watching True Detective, so that's keeping me occupied! I'm fascinated by the dynamic between the two protagonists - it's reminded me how much I love writing dialogue and why I once wanted to be a scriptwriter. I'm also reading a really sad book that I'm finding quite emotionally draining - books can colour my whole mood - to the point that I really want to finish it, despite the poignancy and beauty of the language. And then there's the 7 days of solo parenting that's creeping up on me. I know that's nothing compared to some, but it will be a slog and I'm not sure I have much in reserve. So that's where I'm at: holding on out for some inspiration...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...