makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Thursday, April 17, 2014

The school holidays have been pretty intense so far. And we're only on day four. My kids are running the show and I have no hope of keeping up with them. I usually love the holidays because I hate having to rush everywhere and to keep to an external schedule, but I'm counting the days! Despite the craziness, there have been two magical moments this week. Yesterday, we had a dancing competition and I found myself dancing with all three to the song that was played as we walked down the aisle,  after saying "I do", almost eight years ago. Wow, that was kind of wonderful! And then today, my eldest two created their own cyclone survival kit, after consulting a book on the weather. It had everything, even a toilet, and they did it all themselves (aside from a request for two slices of bread; we'd run out of biscuits). I loved that they packed blackberry jam and a book. It was brilliant, but they admitted they had to use their imagination quite a lot for some things...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...