makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I had three hours to myself today - I wrote, I read, I walked, I stared at the beautiful Indian Ocean - and I felt just a little bit guilty about it, which is ridiculous. I totally need to get over this and accept that this time is crucial for me to function. I need the space to allow that creative magic to happen; it just feels so strange to me at the moment. It's as if I've been hiding behind my children, letting myself disappear from view, and now I'm stepping back out into the world and claiming a part in it. It's scary and heady and I definitely drank too much coffee today...but I'm so happy to be back!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...