makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Thursday, January 16, 2014

I weaned my little boy this week and it has been heartbreaking because he is so completely miserable. I expected some rage but not the despair of a permanent frown and a child that just wants to lie on the floor or be carried. He is always super happy and and carefree, so this change of temperament has been really hard to witness. But we are both sleeping more deeply and for longer, he is eating and drinking more, and seems to have formed a closer connection to his dad. With the other two, I gave up breastfeeding because I was pregnant and finding it too painful and exhausting. This time, I have had to make a decision about when to stop. It's possible I got it wrong... I didn't expect it to be like this.  I'm hoping it will be for the best, once we are through this horrible time. I will miss breastfeeding: it's an amazing thing and I have (mostly) loved it. I'm sad that I won't ever do it again but happy that it was such a wonderful experience. I just hope this little guy cheers up soon and realises that mango and banana smoothies are pretty delicious too.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...