makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

WHAT I WANT
(AND WHAT I ALSO WANT)


- to be at home with my kids, in the thick of it
(to be lost in my thoughts, writing, and in the thick of it)

- to focus on the good things in life; the little, amazing moments; the simple stuff
(to explore the big questions; the ugliness and the terrible things people do; the complicated stuff)

- to spend my time cooking really good wholefood to feed my family
(to write, write, write; to communicate something important)

- to play, mess about, make things with the kids
(to focus on intellectual and creative pursuits)

- to be comfortable and practical
(to be beautiful and stylish)

- to drink tea
(to drink wine)

- to be satisfied with my fabulous children and my (mostly) happy life
(to not feel frustrated and dissatisfied and in need of more)

- to reconcile these two sides of me
(to believe that this is possible)


2 comments:

  1. Oh indeed. And to all of this I would perhaps add - to be consistent, and create the structure the family needs. (to be spontaneous and unpredictable and do what I feel like doing whenI feel like doing it) Oh if only. x E

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...