makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Still reeling from the experience of taking three small children to the other side of the world and back again. That was intense! I don't think I ever appreciated quite how far it is before. But it was worth it  because we went to an amazing wedding: my brother's and his lovely bride's! Such a happy day full of beautiful moments. I made them a very special cake. It was twice as big as I planned because it turns out that I really shouldn't attempt sums when I'm jet-lagged. Anyway, it was a rich chocolate orange cake, almost like a brownie in consistency, sandwiched together with clotted cream and orange marmalade. I decorated it with scraps of lace, blackberries picked by the children (and grandma) and sugared pansies from the garden. It was a definite hit! I just wish I'd managed to gobble up a little bit more. Mmmm...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...