makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

One of the reasons (actually quite a big reason) that I haven't been posting very much on this blog, of late, is that I've started studying again. As I have only about an hour every evening before my brain goes, "enough, already - it's bedtime", this leaves little time for blogging. While I'm really enjoying studying,  it has most definitely made me aware that I'm not ready for anything more taxing than an online diploma in a subject I know a fair bit about from my previous life experience. The PhD will have to wait!

Anyway, I managed to grab one of those sneaky moments of peace on Sunday morning, when the husband and kids abandoned the breakfast table to visit the chickens, leaving me alone with my coffee and my thoughts. I wrote a couple of lists on a scrap of paper with a crayola:

Great Things I've Read Lately

The Gift by Carol Ann Duffy
The Shark Net by Robert Drewe
Runaway by Alice Munro
The Hand That First Held Mine by Maggie O'Farrell
The Consolation of Joe Cinque by Helen Garner
Blueback by Tim Winton
Frankie Magazine (thanks to a lovely birthday pressie subscription)

Style Icons

Charlotte Gainsbourg
Frida Kahlo
Jean Seberg
Kate Moss
Joan Baez
Jane Birkin

It lasted all of 5 minutes.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...