makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Monday, February 11, 2013

The packed lunches are challenging enough, but it's the after school hunger that I'm struggling to satiate. They are so hungry and so angry if I don't provide food the moment they leave the school gates! But I don't want them to fill up on rubbish, and I want them to still have an appetite for dinner. It needs to be something that they think is a treat, plus something that I'm am happy for them to eat. Last week, these amazing chocolate brownies were a big hit. My daughter, who always suspects I've hidden beetroot in anything chocolate, and claims not to like coconut, loved them!







100g dark cooking chocolate
3/4 cup coconut oil or butter
6 eggs
1 cup raw sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sifted coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup pecans (optional)

Melt chocolate and coconut oil together.
Remove from heat, and mix in sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Spread into a lined slice tin.
Bake at 175 C for 30 minutes.
Cool and then cut into squares.






2 comments:

  1. Okay, I've made this twice now. And it is delicious.
    It's gonna get printed and put in the recipe folder now.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...