makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Something weird happened to me today. I was drinking a coffee and reading my book in the cafe of a bookshop, a very rare occurrence indeed. Two children were at school, and the other was asleep in the stroller. I looked up from the page to discover that the author of the book was sitting on the next table to me. Surely, it couldn't really be him, but it was. I later saw a photo of him in the newspaper. I wonder if he noticed that I was reading his book? I hope he did. It would make my day to see a stranger reading my book in a cafe, sipping a latte, and enjoying a few quiet minutes, while her baby slept. Strange though, don't you think?


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Robert Drewe, and I was reading a really sad part when his mother dies very suddenly. xK

      Delete
  2. Oh I hope he did notice...it must be one of the secret thrills of being an author

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...