makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I'm a little behind with my 52 lists with Meet Me At Mike's - this one's been floating around the kitchen on the back of a fuel voucher for at least a week. I've been feeling a bit quiet and sad lately, neither of which are easy to be when you have noisy and (generally) happy kids jumping all over the place. A cold that dragged on (I feel like they have been back-to-back recently), and then some really devastating news about some people we know, sent me into a funk. Trying to understand this crazy world and make some sense of the awful things that happen, or maybe just trying to accept that terrible accidents do sometimes happen for no reason. Anyway, I've gone all maudlin, and I had no intention of doing so. All I can conclude is that you just have to focus on the little stuff, and try to love each and every precious moment, even the slightly grotty ones! Here's my list:

Things I Do Everyday

Cook, cook, cook
Sweep the floor
Wear sunscreen
Drink (quite a lot of) coffee and tea
Eat fruit and veg
Listen to the radio
Sing
Read
Put a wash on & hang it out
Give lots of cuddles
Tell my kids & husband that I love them
Lose something & find something else
Spend too long on my laptop/iPhone
Feed my baby to sleep




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...