makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Saturday, January 19, 2013

I am a maker of lists: check the back of any of my (many) notebooks and you will find pages of them. I have a cluttered and busy mind, and lists are my way of gaining some control. Once I have a list, I feel calmer; it's not impossible, I can overcome this problem. I obsessively listed baby names during each pregnancy. There were pages and pages of variations, as I searched for the "right" one. Then not so long ago, I found a shopping list from my before-children days. I think I'd recycled it as a book mark.  It read:

Wine
Newspaper
Curry paste
Chicken
Chocolate

That was once my idea of the perfect Sunday! Maybe it still is... Anyway, I'm going to join Pip from Meet Me at Mikes, and post a list every week. I'm a bit behind, so here are the first two:



And here is a photo of me, wearing my hair in the only way I can tolerate in this heat. Is 32 too old to have pigtails?!





2 comments:

  1. I'm a list-maker too, although less so these days because I rarely have time to complete the list of things I want to get out of my head and onto the page before some small-persons need arises. And then I usually lose it in the life detritus anyway. I still find them comforting though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, shortly after these lists were made and these photographs taken, my notebook went missing. The thief later returned it with a few additions. When questioned, she said: "I wanted to write a list like you, but I can't really write, so I drew you a fairy." xK

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...