makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Five days seems like a lot; three days was definitely enough last year. I relished those two days we had at home, playing in the garden, catching up with friends from the neighbourhood, cooking and making together. I'm a little nervous about the new regime we're about to embark on, but I also know that my eldest is ready for more, she wants to learn, and I can't teach her all that she needs to know while taking care of her two little brothers. We're going to need some quiet weekends; time to just be, and so there will be no extra classes this term, no overloaded weekend schedules. This evening, I read the children this gorgeous book, Today We Have No Plans, a gift from a friend, and it sums it up perfectly:

"The busy days go in a rush
Time moves fast as it can
But the days I like the best of all
The ones that stretch out long and tall
And no one seems to cry or fall
Are days that have no plan."






I'm excited about her going back to school, but I'm going to treasure those days with no plans.

2 comments:

  1. I've just returned to work and this book pops in to my head all the time. Makes me feel calmer, and definitely something we're going to put to practice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I guess it's about trying to make the time you have together extra lovely and special. xK

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...