makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Saturday, December 22, 2012





I haven't read nearly enough this year (I wonder why...), but there have been some very interesting and even brilliant books gracing my bedside table.


The one that I enjoyed more than I thought I would: All That I Am by Anna Funder

The one that lived up to the hype: Bring up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel

The one that I wish I'd written: Past the Shallows by Favel Parrett

The one that made me cry: Charlotte's Web by E.B. White

The one that I cooked from most: The River Cottage Family Cookbook

The one that I loved reading aloud: The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo

The one that started so well: A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan

The one that I'm reading now: The Paperbark Shoe by Goldie Goldbloom


And the ones that I'm excited about reading next year?

NW by Zadie Smith

The Life by Malcolm Knox

May We Be Forgiven by A.M. Homes

The Mousewife by Rumer Godden



1 comment:

  1. Books!

    I love your blog. Thanks for reading mine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...