makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Thursday, February 9, 2012



Things you should never say to a pregnant woman:

1) "Are you sure you're not having twins?"

"Yes, of course, I'm effing sure, and you've basically just called me fat to my face, you insensitive twerp."

2) "How are you going to cope with three?"

"Oh shit, I have no idea. I totally haven't spent many a sleepless night thinking about that. Gosh, wow, I don't know, maybe I'll have to reconsider this whole thing..."

3) "It's definitely a boy, I've known right from the beginning."

"Well I have no idea and it's in my body, and I've done this twice already. Plus, you're a bloke, you don't have kids, and you're not an obstetrician. If you're right, I might not be able to cope with the smugness of what is pretty much a 50/50 guess."

This could be a list that grows and grows...

1 comment:

  1. and my all time favourite, an older male relative of mine saying "you know it's got to come out somehow, don't you?" delivered with a smug grin as if he particularly relished the idea...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...