makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Saturday, January 7, 2012



Wouldn't the world be such a nicer place if we were less affronted by other people's decisions to live their lives differently to the way we live our own? As if choosing one way is a rejection of all other ways. It's quite possible that I'm feeling a little sensitive at the moment, but I've noticed some negative comments coming my way regarding certain choices that I (or we) made, and wish it wasn't so. What I've come to realise now that I'm older and ever so slightly less self-absorbed, is that more often than not these critical remarks are more about what's going on in someone else's head, and nothing to do with me or my life. Surely the important thing is that we feel happy with our choices? Leave other people to make their own. Non, je ne regrette rien.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely agree. Parenting in particular seems to illicit unwelcome comments and judgement, about things that are actually pretty trivial when you step back and look at the bigger picture. My favorite quote about this is "apple juice is not child abuse". It reminds me to save my opinions for the really important stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...