makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Thursday, December 1, 2011






We have a grand total of four advent calendars in our house, which is great because my children have decided that 5.30am is the new 6.30am, and it's going to give me a little time to wake up before the demands of honey toast and milk start coming thick and fast. Anyway the advents from Grandma are all beautiful, especially the little sparkly one for the grown-ups. The fourth is probably going to be the end of me, but it seemed like a lovely idea when I spotted it on Pin Interest, as well as being a good alternative to 24 days of chocolate consumption. It's an activity calendar, the concept being that every day we do something Christmas-related, such as bake mince pies, or decorate the tree, or make paper chains. I had a little trouble coming up with all the activities because I wanted to have a few that were for lazy days (Read a Christmas Story or Colour in a Christmas Picture), and some that they could do with their dad (Make a Christmas Cake, Go to the Christmas Bazaar). I stole a few ideas from my friend at Little Piece of Pie because she is a craft genius, and who could resist those Reindeer Cookies with their chocolate pretzel antlers? I'm looking forward to all the baking and making, although I've decided to select the activity the night before, so that I can judge whether or not it would be the best day to do this, that, or the other. We'll see how it goes...Today, we started with a simple one: Hang the Wreath on the Door.

1 comment:

  1. You're too kind, very sweet of you to link to my calendar. You know I just realised that my advent calendar goes to 25 not 24, I had a feeling something was amiss when I made it! And, Wow I love that silver tree, was it sent from overseas?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...