makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Monday, December 19, 2011

It's not over yet, but overall the activity advent has been a lot of fun. Some things have been more successful than others, and we did skip a few days because we simply ran out of time. It's actually established a rather lovely rhythm to the day, which I think I will try to keep in place. I'm also hoping to continue being a bit more creative with the activities we do during the rest of the year: I'm not much of a planner and tend to fall back on those old favourites of playdough, painting, or baking. Being creative and a touch more organised has increased my enthusiasm, as well as that of the kids. My little girl really wants to learn to sew, so I'm going to dream up some simple activities to get her started. I also definitely want to do more with clay, having recently rediscovered my own love of sculpture and pottery. As for baking, well, let's just say that constructing and decorating a gingerbread house is not nearly as much fun as it looks... Not, unfortunately, a tradition that I shall be incorporating into future Christmas preparations!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...