makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

You know those days when you get on the bus and everyone just seems miserable and ugly and grey, and you decide that you don't really like other people and want to just run away and become a hermit? Well, I had the opposite of that this afternoon. The light was soft and golden, the sky the bluest blue, the children happy and occupied, the washing flapping in the breeze, the garden actually looking pretty good for once and not too much like a wasteland.... Yep, suddenly I could see the beauty even in the discarded play of my children, the unwashed lunch dishes, the cluttered chaos of my life. Of course it didn't last, but it would be very sweet to have a few more moments like that every week.






1 comment:

  1. I always like your chaos and find it quite comforting

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...