makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Thursday, October 6, 2011



Most of my daughter's questions seem to be about science - not exactly a strong point of mine - so I'm very pleased with her latest favourite:

"What makes you happy?"

My initial response was "coffee, a really good cup of coffee", but she wanted more, so I added "flowers, they always make me feel happy." Then I thought a bit more: "When you two and daddy are happy, then I feel happy too."

"Mummy, what makes you not happy?"

I considered this: "Whining and being hungry."

For once, she seemed satisfied with my answers. Now I just need to find out why lemons are yellow, ladybirds have dots, and meteors can fly without wings...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...