makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Wednesday, May 18, 2011


I attempted to creep out of my little girl's room tonight before she was completely asleep (she'd been asking questions for about 40 minutes and I was hungry), only to be met by howls of protest, as she sobbed: "It's just that I love you so much. I can't bear to be apart." Wow, where does she get this stuff from? We don't have a television (just a stack of scratched Playschool DVDs and my laptop), so I can't blame the soap operas. They really are such little sponges and I guess as they get more and more independent, it's harder and harder to trace all that influences them. There have been all manner of new, rather strange expressions after her day at Kindy, not all of them quite so endearing. One thing's for sure, Little Miss has been a drama queen since the day she was born and, unfortunately, I know exactly where that came from...

1 comment:

  1. Uh-huh. Or, like us right now, your daughter could spend a lot of time with very attentive grandparents and suddenly you'll find you've been 'dumped' and all the mannerisms you see are no longer yours but theirs. Ah, each moment is another venturous step into their own world and their own personalities, and away from you. I have such extreme mixed feelings about this.

    Hey - nice new header.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...