makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Friday, April 29, 2011


When I was a little girl (about 5 or 6), I wrote (with the help of my mum) to Princess Diana to see if her William would like to come and play with my little brother, William, who happens to be only a few weeks apart in age. The invitation was, of course, politely declined, but I still have that letter tucked away somewhere.

Anyway, we just watched the royal wedding, while eating fish and chips. You can take the girl out of England, but...well, I like a wedding. Good luck to you Will and Kate. Now begins the hard work...

Meanwhile, my three-year old noticed that the floor of Westminster Abbey looks just like our bathroom floor. She's not taken in by the fairytale!

1 comment:

  1. We were doing the same ('cept it was turkish takeaway)! I was hoping it'd give the kids some concept of the wedding they're parents were about to do. No such luck - Charlie complained long and loud about how boring it was and could she watch Charlie and Lola instead!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...