makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Thursday, February 3, 2011


"You're a coffee-girl," my three year old said to me this morning. I guess she must have heard the note of desperation in my voice, as I excused myself for the purpose of coffee-preparation. Yes, I am most definitely a coffee-girl. There are few vices left to me these day (aside from the compulsive baking, book-buying, and general hoarding of all things that could one day, possibly, be used for something else), and coffee keeps me happy and awake, both very important when looking after small children. Those little tea and coffee break rituals give some structure to my day: they offer an excuse to have a moment to myself, and perhaps most importantly, in my world of toys and picture books and melamine plates, there is something very adult about drinking a mug of hot, strong coffee.

1 comment:

  1. Dropping in from Earth Mama. Coffee is my life! Love me my Keurig! If you get a chance, stop by http://www.whoopsidaisy-tonya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...