makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Monday, January 31, 2011

Books I'm reading at the moment:

Heart to Heart Parenting by Robin Grille
(Fascinating stuff - did you know that the global average age of weaning is 4.2 years?! Since learning this I've decided to chill out about the fact that my 15 month old is still pretty much feeding like a newborn, night and day, although I think 2 years will have to be my absolute limit. I am exhausted! Anyway, I really recommend this book - it's great.)

Started Early, Took My Dog by Kate Atkinson
(Not sure about the title, but I love Kate Atkinson's writing and have devoured the Jackson Brodie series. This is the fourth one and it has me captivated already. My favourite of hers, however, is still Behind the Scenes at the Museum, which I must reread some time soon. The only problem is I keep giving away copies - I think I'm on my third! Sign of a good book: not having it on your shelf.)

Ugly Fish by Kara LaReau and Scott Magoon
(Brilliant picture book. I think this might be one of those ones that I like more than she does! It's very funny and dark and there's a moral. My three year old kind of gets it, but mostly she's just amused by my chuckles. It's not going back to the library just yet.)

1 comment:

  1. loved robin grille - and i am still feeding my "baby" at almost 4. all 4 of mine been v long boobie lovers but i promise they do get off eventually.
    loved behind the scenes. great book that could definitely do with a re-read. i started one of the jackson brodie series but annoyed with self for not realising was part of series and stopped. like to start at beginning. so may try again.
    and will have to look up ugly fish.
    lovely to find your blog and appreciate your comments over at mine.
    michelle (4kids1dogblog)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...