makar [ˈmækər]
n (Literature / Poetry) Scot a creative artist, esp a poet
[a Scot variant of maker]

Saturday, July 10, 2010



It's been over three months since my birthday and I still have birthday money to spend! With two children under the age of three, shopping isn't the experience it used to be...so today, with just one small, sleeping child safely snuggled up in the Ergo carrier (don't get me started on how much I love this thing), I hit the shops with the intention of spending some serious moolah. Well, I didn't get any further than the bookshop, but I did find a gorgeous cookbook to splurge on: Wholefood for Children by Jude Blereau. I'm so excited by this book, having been greatly inspired by Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food earlier this year. It looks beautiful and the few recipes I've glanced over sound scrumptious and nutritious. The amazing Jude also runs a cooking school in Perth called Wholefood Cooking. Her blog is worth checking out too.

Now, I just need to buy a new pair of shoes, a bag, a warm cardigan, some pretty dresses...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...